Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

Baby Shower Paper Bag Album

Here is one of the projects I worked on at the weekend crop I went to. It is a baby paper bag album. I didn't use all baby pastel paper but I did try to make it girly so that it can be used down the road simply by changing out the pictures. TFL

Sorry, still new to posting projects and I was asked for some details on how to make this. I did not make this paper album as it was given to me as a gift at a crop I went to but I will share how it was put together from looking at it. It is three paper bags flip flopped so they are facing a different way from the one on top. This one was sewn down the middle to hold all three bags together but I have also seen them where nothing was done except the whole punches for the ribbon or rings to hold them together. Then I just decorated each page as I would a scrapbook. I made sure I did not glue the die-cuts on the picture mat so they can slip the picture under the Sleeping Beauty and Jasmine die-cuts, cut out on my Cricut, to fit the mat. Then I covered three chipboard tags with Modge Podge and pp and punched a hole with the Big Bite Crop-a-dile for the ribbon. The three tags are then inserted into the open end of the bags and stick out a little to show the ribbon. You can put pictures or journaling on the tags. I inked the edges of all the paper and tags. Most of the paper is DCWV but also some scraps from my stash so I am not sure what company. "WELCOME" was cut out on the Cricut with Lyrical Letters (my favorite font cart. so far) and I used stickers from my stash for "McKenzie". Ribbon is also from my scrap pile so not sure of the company. The best part about this project is that I used everything from my stash or scrap pile so did not have to pay anything for this present and I think it is the best present I have given as every new mother likes to have a brag book handy to show everyone.















These are the three tags.





























1 comment:

  1. WOW Bobbi, this is fantastic!!! Can you share a little more details on how to make it? What kind of paper bags did you use??? I would love to try this out for my daughter who is expecting..... Have a wonderful day!!! XXX

    ReplyDelete